Thursday, March 02, 2006

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

What's it to you?

If you must know, I have been racking my brain for a writing idea. Nothing is coming. Sure, I could write about politics or current events; but don't you think there are enough bloggers doing that duty? I don't mind laying down some smack on the matters of the day, but I would rather peer into my soul and share what I see, even if it scares the hell out of us. But, for now nothing screams at me to be written, and I am not so desperate for attention that I will just post something just to be posting something.

Yeah, the brain appears to be empty at the moment. However, in the spirit of democratic bloggery, I invite you to participate in my muse search. Look around.

See anything worth writing about? Sure, there's the goofy head shape and the inexplicable piece of broccoli resting below the intestine east of the nose. But, no meaningful ideas appear to be floating around in there.



I almost had a story when I discovered this angle: It seems that I have a relative of Mr. Bill floating around near my cerebellum. Ohhhh Noooo!!!!








And I must confess that it disturbed me a great deal to know that at a certain angle I look like this:



Yipes! Protect your children.




Well, I'll keep looking.

I'm thinking about inviting my sister in as a guest blogger. Huh? What do you think? She has a very scary brain.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take out the word "scary," put in the word "neuro-atypical" (we don't like being referred to as other than normal anymore). Yes, it's really a word. Here in psych land we get to make up our own words.

Cool brain, bro.

middleclasstool said...

The last photo looks like something out of a fifties sci-fi movie. I MARRIED A TEENAGE ALIEN BRAIN. Which of course makes you more interesting.

Anonymous said...

The last one looks like some kind of fish.

But as for your neuro-atypical sister, I'm all for that idea.

Or we could just have a word-making-up contest.

RDW said...

If we're making up words about brains, I've had one for a long time:

AMBI-CEREBRAL

If a person who can use both hands equally is ambidextrous, then a person who can use both the left and right side of their brain equally is AMBI-CEREBRAL.

Tell your friends.

Anonymous said...

Please note the copious amounts of empty space, as indicated by black areas.

Beloved said...

Dude,

That just kinda creepy... not so much, if it were some stranger's brain... Sometimes i've thought that i'd like to be able to get inside your head, but Reacher, i never thought i'd be looking AT the inside of your head.

|:-0

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, let's hear sister blog for us. her comments are consistent, constant, and thought provoking.
I want to see if this will post.
Rick