Tuesday, May 09, 2006

CAIRN

Sorry. I plan to get back to more substantive writing soon; but for now, piles of pre-finals papers await me. So, I go to grade. But before I leave you, let me give you this charge: Buy the new CD from Jeff Wiens. This disc, Cairn, is one of the finest examples of songwriting, inventive arrangements, and incredible production quality you will find in a recording these days. These songs will spill you out and soak you up, box you in and let you loose. Go ahead, listen to it...then buy it.

Buy it, or I'll slap you.

7 comments:

Mike Brothers said...

Reacher:

Please have Jeff or Mark/Liz send me a copy of the CD. I would love to know more about him and the music.

Sorry I missed everyone at SpokeFest.

Anonymous said...

Brothers, you're not very corporate. You should have left folks a link to your own personal, professional blog.

After all, chances are if you get a copy of the cd, you might write a review that will appear there, right?

middleclasstool said...

Damn, that's some good stuff. And extra snaps to whoever did the artwork and the website -- gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Being the sickeningly talented man that he is, Jeff did the artwork and web design himself. Sheesh.

middleclasstool said...

Oh, so I can feel free to hate him too! Good to know.

Mike Brothers said...

I posted something about jeff's cd on my "corporate" blog (happy anon?).

It's a really good disc. Starts in kind of a comtemplative mode and gets more upbeat by the middle. Hope he comes to play for us here.

Anonymous said...

i'm just playing here on an old post trying to resolve technical difficulties without appearing too stupid.....